La carbonnade Flamande is the regional meal from my provence (North of france), is a beef stew made with beer.Use the same beer to cook with as you will drink, my preference is forÂ La rouge flamande but you can use your favorite beer, better to choose an amber beer than a blond because the taste is sweeter. This recipe is very easy, just few minutes to start and then you let the cocotte cooks for hours.
To drink:Â beer asÂ la rouge Flamande
Cook time:Â 2 hours
Prep time:Â 15 min
Ingredients for 4 personns
1kg beef cut in small bits
ginger bread (1 or 2 slides)
75cl amber beer
bouquet garni, salt, pepper, oil.
1. Put 1tsp of oil in a cocotte, add the onions cut in slides, let them melt. When is done, add the beef, add the bouquet garni ( Laurel and thyme) and the carrots cut in slided. When the beef start to be roasted, cover up with the beer.
2. Turn down the fire under the cocotte and cover it, then let it cook for 1 hour.
3. Put one or two slides of gingerbread.
4. Let it cook for half an hour
5. More it cooks better it is, serve with french fries and a glass of beer!